How to Care for your Gemstone Jewelery
Cleaning and Recharging Your Gemstone Jewelry Bracelets
CLEANING GEMSTONE JEWELRY
There are many ways to clean your gemstone bracelets; I find that the simplest methods are the best.
For example, the following:
1. Simple Cleansing Method - Hold them in your hand and run them under cold tap water. While the water is running, imagine and visualize all of the unwanted energy being rinsed down the
drain. Then gently pat dry.
Also, when you recharge your stones in the sunlight or moonlight, this also cleans them. Some transparent stones will fade in the sun, so be mindful when cleaning and recharging.
Below is a short list of stones that may get damaged by sunlight (there may be others):
Aventurine: translucent types often loose color.
Amethyst: becomes paler.
Apatite: pink variety fades.
Aquamarine: becomes paler.
Beryl: brown or orange types may change to pale pink.
Celestite: fades in direct sunlight.
Citrine: may change color.
Fluorite: green and purple types change color.
Rose Quartz: becomes paler.
Smokey Quartz: becomes paler.
Kunzite: becomes paler or loses color.
Sapphire: should be cleansed in moonlight.
2. Brown Rice Soaking. Soak the crystal in a bowl of dry brown rice for 24 hours. The brown rice balances, centers the energy and removes the negative energies.
3. Crystal Smudging. Smudge the crystal with incense, sage, sweetgrass, frankincense, rosemary, myrrh or your favorite incense. This method of cleansing had been used by Native American, Native African tribal cultures and other ancient cultures.
4. Crystal Cluster. Place the stones on a large cluster of crystal or next to a large crystal cluster for 12 to 24 hours.
5. Carnelian or Selenite Cleansing. Carnelian and Selenite have the ability to cleanse other crystals. Put a carnelian in a bag with your stone jewelry or set the crystal in a Selenite slab for 24 hours. These stones can purify and cleanse negative energies.
What ever you do, DO NOT use jewelry cleaner on the gemstones. The cleaner may damage the stones.
RECHARGING IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS!
Recharge for one hour or more in direct sunlight or moonlight. (when ever possible, the Full Moon, the day before or the day after, and the New Moon, are the best time) a windowsill works fine if you have older, single pane windows, or if the window is open. If you have double or triple pane windows that block UV light, the layouts may not recharge properly, or may. In a pinch, an hour or more under a full spectrum lamp will work, but do not use this as your only means of recharging. If you do not get direct moonlight in any of your windows, ask a friend if you can use their window or try leaving it over night in your car. Sun light and moonlight will also cleanse the stones.
Under fairly balanced conditions, most layouts need to be removed and recharged after 2-3 days of wear. However, if your condition is acute, your emotions are high, you are very sensitive, or your energy is intense or scattered, you may need to recharge daily, twice a day, or even after short periods of use.
The layout will give you subtle signs that itís time to recharge so pay attention. The piece may feel like itís not working, or feel hot, dull, suddenly feel uncomfortable to wear or start pinching hairs, or a necklace may slide off. If this happens, take it off and recharge it before you wear it again. If you donít, it will stop providing support, it may break, or you will may lose it.